What car amplifier should I buy to power my DVC subwoofers?

I need to power two 8 inch polk audio subs. RMS power rating is 180 each. They are DVC 4 ohm subs. I was looking into a two channel amp to power them. If I bridge the 2 channel amp, should the rms power be 360 watts or less at 4 ohm?. I was planning on wiring the subs in a series off of the one amp. Am I correct with the power rating if the amplifier?

4 Responses to “What car amplifier should I buy to power my DVC subwoofers?”

  1. kamran766  on September 5th, 2012

    i had alpine and JBL they are both great.


  2. Maxbox  on September 5th, 2012

    yeah i think ur right with the wiring and all.

    for an amp i would get a mono subwoofer amp and check out hifonics amplifiers


  3. MixQuisite  on September 5th, 2012

    MTX THUNDER 500W D class MONO amp will have more than enough power. & they use less power to run them RMS


  4. wooferman  on September 5th, 2012

    I would run at or lower than RMS on the subs. I know an amp that will work well. The RD 85.2 bridged at 4 ohm is right on for you. http://www.rdaudio.net

    If you want more help, email me.

    Do you have a Mach 1?


Leave a Reply